In the Community
This section provides information for Peace Region residents, Aboriginal groups, communities and property owners.
Comprehensive consultation with the public — including local and regional governments, communities, stakeholders, property owners and the general public — has taken place since 2007. During project construction, BC Hydro will lead public information meetings with Peace Region residents as required.
BC Hydro-led consultations include:
- Indigenous consultation and engagement: BC Hydro and Aboriginal groups are engaged in a thorough consultation and engagement process that began in late 2007 and will continue through all stages of development and construction of the project.
- Project definition consultation: BC Hydro has conducted broad public and stakeholder consultations since 2007 on a range of topics important to project planning, including stakeholder meetings and open houses.
- Property owner liaison: BC Hydro provides information to, and gathers input from, property owners and leaseholders in the Site C project area.
- Regional and local government liaison: BC Hydro is engaging local and regional governments to ensure they are up to date on the project and consulted on key issues.
- Local area consultations: BC Hydro conducts area-specific consultations where local issues arise (e.g., shoreline protection at Hudson’s Hope).