In the Community
This section provides information for Peace Region residents, Indigenous Nations, communities and property owners.
Comprehensive consultation with the public — including local and regional governments, communities, stakeholders, property owners and the general public — has taken place since 2007. During project construction, we're leading public information meetings with Peace Region residents as required.
BC Hydro-led consultations include:
- Indigenous consultation and engagement: We're engaged with Indigenous groups in a thorough consultation and engagement process that began in late 2007 and will continue through all stages of development and construction of the project.
- Project definition consultation: We've conducted broad public and stakeholder consultations since 2007 on a range of topics important to project planning, including stakeholder meetings and open houses.
- Property owner liaison: We provide information to, and gather input from, property owners and leaseholders in the Site C project area.
- Regional and local government liaison: We're engaging local and regional governments to ensure they are up to date on the project and consulted on key issues.
- Local area consultations: We hold area-specific consultations where local issues arise.
Consultation & Engagement Reports
Letter: Fish habitat enhancement update, October 6, 2022 PDF • 77.44 KB
Letter: Old Fort construction mitigation, August 19, 2022 PDF • 96.63 KB
Old Fort Community Meeting Notes, July 27, 2022 PDF • 185.52 KB
Old Fort Fish Habitat Open House Q&A, April 7, 2022 PDF • 198.17 KB
Site C Cofferdam Information Sheet PDF • 750.64 KB
Old Fort Potentially Impacted Residents Call Notes PDF • 98.82 KB
Old Fort Virtual Town Hall Meeting Notes PDF • 102.77 KB
Hudson's Hope Meeting Summary Report PDF • 7.42 MB
Hudson's Hope display boards PDF • 6.97 MB
Agricultural Mitigation and Compensation Plan Framework PDF • 3.24 MB
Framework for an Agricultural Mitigation and Compensation Plan Consultation Summary Report March 2016 PDF • 648.01 KB
Appendix 1: Stakeholder Meeting Summaries PDF • 315.56 KB
BC Hydro Site C Hydro Project: Project Definition Consultation, Round 2 Summary Report, February 9, 2009 PDF • 9.22 MB
Public Notification Materials, Round 2 Consultation PDF • 1.03 MB
Peace River Site C Hydro Project – Consultation Summary Report: Property Owner Consultation on Potential Highway 29 Realignment Options, November 2008 – March 2009 PDF • 1.04 MB
Peace River Site C Hydro Project: Consideration of Input from Pre-Consultation, December 4, 2007 to February 15, 2008 PDF • 46.06 KB
BC Hydro Peace River Site C Hydro Project: Pre-Consultation Summary Report, March 15, 2008 PDF • 1.99 MB
Public Notification Materials, Pre-Consultation PDF • 332.21 KB
BC Hydro Peace River Site C Hydro Project: Project Definition Consultation, Round 1 Summary Report, September 26, 2008 PDF • 3.36 MB
Public Notification Materials, Round 1 Consultation PDF • 990.71 KB
Peace River Site C Hydro Project: Project Definition Consultation Discussion Guide and Feedback Form, Round 1: May/June 2008 PDF • 2.06 MB
Appendix 2: Stakeholder Meeting Notes PDF • 2.5 MB
Appendix 1: Project Definition Consultation Discussion Guide and Feedback Form, Spring 2012: April/May 2012. BC Hydro. 2012 PDF • 4.06 MB