The generating station and spillways component of the Site C project will be procured through multiple contracts, including the civil works contract, hydro-mechanical equipment supply contract and powerhouse bridge crane supply contract and a balance of plant contract.
The scope of the contract includes the construction of the civil works associated with the powerhouse, penstocks, spillways and power intakes, including:
- Processing and production of all aggregates and granular materials required for the works;
- Placement of approximately 700,000 cubic metres of mass and reinforced concrete for spillways, intakes, penstock encasement and powerhouse substructure;
- Procurement, fabrication and erection of six penstocks each 10 metres in diameter and 80 metres in length;
- Procurement, fabrication and erection of structural steel in the powerhouse;
- Procurement and installation of intake trashracks and anti-vortex devices;
- Procurement and installation of embedded pipes, ground grid and conduit; and
- Turbine-generator embedment activities (e.g. concrete placement).
The scope of work will predominantly be constructed on a roller-compacted concrete buttress that is being constructed by Peace River Hydro Partners, as part of the main civil works contract.
Request for Proposals
September 23, 2016
The shortlisted proponents are:
- Generating Station and Spillways Fact Sheet - March 2018 PDF • 109.54 KB
- Generating Station and Spillways Civil Works RFQ Fairness Advisor Report PDF • 196.64 KB
- Generating Station and Spillways Civil Works RFP Fairness Advisor Report PDF • 227.03 KB