Starting early June and continuing through to the end of October, we’ll be building the new D.A. Thomas recreation site in Hudson’s Hope and upgrading D.A. Thomas Road.
The existing D.A. Thomas Road will be closed to the public during construction.
When complete, the recreation site will feature picnic tables and fire rings, as well as a new small craft launch. With a gangway and floating dock, car topper-type boats such as kayaks and canoes will be able to be launched.
The upgraded D.A. Thomas Road will be wider and paved. The 600-metre road will lead down to the new recreation site.
Recreation site construction will include:
- Building picnic tables, fire rings, and a toilet building
- Installing a signage kiosk
- Placing boulders and logs
- Landscaping and planting trees
- Putting up fencing
D.A. Thomas Road construction will include:
- Clearing vegetation
- Excavating and paving
- Building a retaining wall
- Landscaping along the sides of the new road
- Installing traffic signs and a traffic control gate
What to expect:
- Work will take place from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., seven days a week
- Increased construction-related traffic in the area
- Intermittent traffic control personnel and signage
- Increased noise, dust, and vibration
Please observe speed limits in construction zones and use caution near work areas.
Email: [email protected]