VANCOUVER – BC Hydro posted a Request for Qualifications on BC Bid today for the hydro-mechanical equipment contract for the Site C Clean Energy Project.
The scope of the contract includes the design and supply of the following equipment:
- Three wire-rope operated spillway gates (radial gates, each 16.5 metres wide by 14 metres high);
- Six hydraulically-operated submerged low-level outlet gates (vertical lift gates, each 6.5 metres wide by 9.5 metres high);
- Two submerged low-level outlet guard/maintenance gates (vertical lift gates, each 6.5 metres wide by 10 metres high);
- Six hydraulically-operated intake gates (vertical lift gates, each 9 metres wide by 11.6 metres high);
- One intake maintenance gate (10 metres wide by 11.6 metres high);
- Four sets of draft tube maintenance stoplogs (each opening 10.5 metres wide by 9.9 metres high);
- The hydraulic and wire hoists required for lifting the operating gates;
- Lifting beams for lifting the low level outlet operating and maintenance gates, the intake operating and maintenance gates, spillway stoplogs and the draft tube maintenance gates;
- One portable hydraulic power unit with portable hydraulic hoist for lifting the submerged low-level outlet guard/maintenance gate; and
- Gate guide anchors and embedded parts.
The contractor is also responsible for monitoring the installation of all supplied equipment, with an option for the contractor to perform the installation of some of the equipment. In addition, the contractor will commission all supplied equipment and undertake any remaining assembly activities to make the equipment fully functional.
Responses to the Request for Qualifications are due by November 15, 2016. BC Hydro anticipates that up to four contractor teams will be shortlisted and issued with a Request for Proposals in winter 2016. Contract award is anticipated in summer 2017.
The hydro-mechanical equipment Request for Qualifications can be found on BC Bid at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca, document number RFQ 7255.
Construction of Site C started in July 2015 and will be completed in 2024. Once built, Site C will provide clean, reliable and cost-effective electricity in B.C. for more than 100 years.
For more information:
BC Hydro Media Relations
604 928 6468