VANCOUVER – BC Hydro posted a Request for Qualifications on BC Bid today for the generating station and spillways civil works contract for the Site C Clean Energy Project.
The scope of the contract includes the construction of the civil works associated with the powerhouse, penstocks, spillways and power intakes, including:
- Processing and production of all aggregates and granular materials required for the generating station and spillways civil works
- Placement of approximately 700,000 cubic metres of mass and reinforced concrete for spillways, intakes, penstock encasement and powerhouse substructure
- Procurement, fabrication and erection of six penstocks each 10 metres in diameter and 80 metres in length
- Procurement, fabrication and erection of structural steel in the powerhouse
- Installation of equipment supplied by BC Hydro, including: gates, gantry cranes and powerhouse bridge cranes
- Procurement and installation of intake trashracks and anti-vortex devices
- Procurement and installation of embedded pipes, ground grid and conduit; and
- Turbine-generator embedment activities (e.g., concrete placement)
Responses to the Request for Qualifications are due by June 16, 2016. BC Hydro anticipates that up to four contractor teams will be shortlisted and issued with a Request for Proposals in summer 2016. Contract award is anticipated in summer 2017.
The generating station and spillways civil works Request for Qualifications can be found on BC Bid at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca, document number RFQ 6372.
Construction of Site C started in July 2015 and will be completed in 2024. Once built, Site C will provide clean, reliable and cost-effective electricity in B.C. for more than 100 years.BC Hydro Media Relations
604 786 5711