HUDSON'S HOPE - BC Hydro and the District of Hudson’s Hope announced today that they have reached a Partnering Relationship Agreement.
The Agreement formalizes the long-term relationship between BC Hydro and the District of Hudson's Hope to support a sustainable and thriving community and is the culmination of extensive discussions between the District and BC Hydro. A cornerstone of the new relationship is the establishment of a new Community Engagement committee, ensuring a forum for transparent communications and issues resolution, recognizing that a sustainable, healthy community is of benefit to all.
Through this Agreement, BC Hydro has made a number of important commitments to the community, including:
- Work together with the District and fund the revitalisation of a residential sub-division that will provide additional serviced lots, supporting long term housing options for the community and BC Hydro's local employee attraction and retention efforts.
- Build and maintain a demonstration home in the revitalized neighbourhood, and make it available to a local doctor or other essential community services professionals.
- Build and operate a permanent boat launch, including a seasonal dock and day use area, at the base of DA Thomas Road.
- Provide approximately $1-million in funding to the District, including:
- A one-time donation of $268,000 to the District to establish a Community Trust Fund to support community facilities and infrastructure.
- A one-time payment of $442,000 in recognition of District lands affected by the Site C project.
- $150,000 for enhancement of Alwin Holland Park or other community shoreline recreation areas.
- A contribution of $80,000 to support the District in making updates to its community plans to reflect the construction and operation of the Site C project.
- Provide a one-time contribution of $20,000 to support District emergency rescue services
The Agreement recognizes our shared history and future, and establishes lasting commitment to a partnering relationship to achieve our shared interests.
Dave Heiberg, Councillor, District of Hudson’s Hope:
"This Agreement provides the foundation for a sustainable and thriving community that supports individuals and families with quality community services and infrastructure, a variety of recreational opportunities and support for local service providers."
Mark Poweska, Senior Vice-President, Training, Development & Generation, BC Hydro:
"Hudson's Hope is important to BC Hydro and our employees. For over 50 years, Hudson’s Hope has provided a welcoming community and home for our employees and their families, including my own, as they support our operations in the Peace Region. We are pleased to support the revitalisation of a new subdivision within the District of Hudson's Hope which will be home to many families in the future."
Diane McSherry, Vice-President and Project Director, Site C:
"We are pleased to have worked together with the District of Hudson's Hope to build an Agreement that includes long-term benefits for the community. We look forward to supporting our long-term relationship with Hudson’s Hope through the new Community Engagement committee and the implementation of the Agreement."
For more information:
Dave Heiberg, Councillor
District of Hudson’s Hope
250 783 9901
BC Hydro Media Relations
604 928 6468