Framework for an Agricultural Mitigation and Compensation Plan
From November 23, 2015 to January 29, 2016, BC Hydro, the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Energy and Mines are seeking input from Peace Region agricultural stakeholders across various sectors regarding the development of a framework for an Agricultural Mitigation and Compensation Plan for the Site C Clean Energy Project.
The Framework for the Plan will include:
- Implementation of appropriate construction management practices, as they pertain to agriculture
- Approach to development of individual farm mitigation plans
- Approach to management of surplus agricultural land
- Establishment of a $20 million Agricultural Compensation Fund
We Want to Hear From You
Learn more and provide feedback:
- Reviewing the consultation discussion guide and completing the feedback form.
- Sending an email or a letter to PO Box 2218, Vancouver, B.C. V6B 3W2
Please provide your feedback by January 29, 2016.
How Input Will Be Used
Input will be considered, along with technical and financial information, as BC Hydro, the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Energy and Mines develop a Framework for the Agricultural Mitigation and Compensation Plan by July 2016, a draft Agricultural Mitigation and Compensation Plan by January 2017, and a final Plan by July 2017.