In fall 2020, BC Hydro rerouted a short section of the Peace River during construction of the Site C project. This resulted in permanent closures on the Peace and Moberly Rivers beginning mid-June, 2020.
What to expect
- Debris management systems placed across the Peace and Moberly rivers
- Restricted areas will be marked with signage and beacons
- In-river construction works at the dam site
To move boaters around the construction area, we have set up a seasonal portage program to transport non-motorized vessels (up to 20') by road past the dam.
The program will operate between the Halfway River boat launch and the Peace Island Park boat launch from May 15 to September 15, 2021.
Making a reservation
Please contact us at least seven days in advance of the day you require a portage. You will need to read and fill out the forms below.
1 877 217 0777 (ext. 1)
Portage program forms
- Portage program application form PDF • 126 KB
- Portage program terms and conditions PDF • 319 KB
- Vessel owner waiver PDF • 115 KB
- Vessel owner consent PDF • 294 KB
- Operator and passenger waiver PDF • 115 KB
- Portage program checklist PDF • 99 KB
To receive up-to-date information, please subscribe to our notifications through the form below.