The Site C project has many important benefits for B.C.:
- Site C will help meet future electricity needs by providing enough energy to power the equivalent of about 450,000 homes per year in B.C.
- It will be a source of clean, reliable and cost-effective electricity for more than 100 years.
- Site C will produce among the lowest levels of greenhouse gas emissions, per gigawatt hour, compared to other electricity generation options.
- The project will facilitate the development of clean and renewable energy sources by providing a reliable back up to intermittent resources, such as wind.
- Site C will generate approximately 35 per cent of the energy produced at the W.A.C. Bennett Dam, with five per cent of the reservoir area.
- Site C will create approximately 13,000 person-years of direct construction employment.