The generating station and spillways component of the Site C project will be procured through multiple contracts, including the civil works contract, powerhouse bridge crane supply contract and a balance of plant contract.
The scope of the hydro-mechanical equipment contract includes:
- Design and supply of the following equipment:
- Three wire-rope operated spillway gates
- Six hydraulically-operated submerged low-level outlet gates
- Six hydraulically-operated intake gates
- Two intake maintenance gates
- Four sets of draft tube maintenance stoplogs
- The hydraulic and wire hoists required for lifting the operating gates
- Lifting beams for lifting the low level outlet operating and maintenance gates, the intake operating and maintenance gates, spillway stoplogs and the draft tube maintenance gates
- One trailer, complete with portable hydraulic unit with portable hydraulic hoist for lifting the submerged low-level outlet guard/maintenance gate
- Gate guide anchors and embedded parts
- Monitoring the installation of all supplied equipment;
- Undertaking any remaining assembly activities to make the supplied equipment fully functional; and
- Commissioning all supplied equipment.